Prayer for a Mother's Day Tea


This past week I was invited to provide the opening prayer for a Mother's Day tea for the weekday preschool at Adams Farm Community Church. I enjoyed seeing the children sing for their moms and got to get acquainted with a few families. 

Here is the opening Scripture I read, followed by the prayer I shared:

Selection from Proverbs 1:8-9
"...do not forsake your mother's teaching. [It is] a garland to grace your head and a chain to adorn your neck."

Father-
I thank you for who is represented here today--
Mothers, grandmothers, aunts and sisters.

I pray that they would be--
Encouraged in fellowship with one another...
Celebrated in the presence of these children...
Reminded of the precious gift of loving a child and planting the seed of faithfulness in their lives.

Thank You for these women. Thank You for our time together this morning. Thank You for Adams Farm and those who serve its mission to You.

Amen


image: pinstake.com

Popular Posts