Teach Me Your Paths

“Make me to know your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths.” (Psalm 25:4)
The other night I was driving down Pamplico Highwy when I got a phone call letting me know that one of our church members was at Carolinas Hospital.  I received the call just as I drove past the entrance to the Emergency Room, so I pulled in and headed inside.  It was remarkable timing.  My path had taken me right by the hospital right when I received the call.  
I headed upstairs, and I was glad to see my friend in good condition.  She had a minor issue that would be quickly treated.  She was at the hospital because the paths of family genes and history had brought her there.
As I exited the elevator and headed to my car, I saw another pastor heading in.  We stopped and talked and he shared how he was visiting three members that night.  This pastor was at the hospital because the paths of his ministry had taken him there.  His three members were also in the hospital because of their own paths.
When I got to my car, I thought about our various paths -- what was the Lord’s timing in bringing our paths all together that night?  After all, I didn't have to be driving past the hospital at that time on that night.  I didn’t have to bump into my friend as the elevator doors opened... you get the idea.
I know that God has laid His path ahead of me, but I don’t always understand why it goes a particular way.  Yet, I know He has a purpose, so I I pray as the Psalmist prayed:   “Make me to know your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths.”
Where is the Lord’s path taking you today?

Popular Posts