A 90 Second Phone Call


I just got a random phone call from a church member.  I picked up the phone figuring that they needed a bulletin announcement, had to drop off something, or (the pessimist in me) had some complaint.  Naturally, there's always the possibility of a hospital visit or something more serious.

I was pleasantly surprised.  The phone call took no more than 90 seconds, but it made my day.  "I just wanted to say that I love you and your family and I hope you have a blessed week.  I'll see you on Sunday."  Wow!

You know, your pastor could use a phone call like that (or an e-mail / text).  He doesn't always preach the greatest sermon, and you may not always like his way of doing things-- but he loves you and the people of your church.  His phone rings a lot, and quite often there is something serious/difficult/challenging to be heard on the other end.

How about a random phone call today for someone in ministry that you care about? 90 seconds can make their day!

Popular Posts