Sin: "It's alive...It's alive!"

After our study of Romans, my head is still reeling from how insidious, active, and aggressive sin is! Take this verse from Romans 7, for example, and note the highlighted words:
Romans 7:8 "But sin, seizing an opportunity through the commandment, produced in me all kinds of covetousness. For apart from the law, sin lies dead.9 I was once alive apart from the law, but when the commandment came, sin came alive and I died.10 The very commandment that promised life proved to be death to me.11 For sin, seizing an opportunity through the commandment, deceived me and through it killed me.12 So the law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good."
Paul talks about how sin loves to take advantage of the good. In this example. Sin uses the foundation of holy commandments for its own devices. Indeed, "It's alive!" Sounds like a good horror movie to me...

For more "sinfulness," take a look at Tim Phillip's Gairney Bridge blog, where he writes about a Pyromaniancs Blog post on sin. It's good stuff...well, as good as a post on something bad can be!


Popular Posts