7 Steps to Godly Decisions; New Sermon Series
Here's a list of questions I've been asked in the last few weeks:
Several years ago, I read James Petty's Step By Step: Divine Guidance for Ordinary Christians. The best part of the book comes towards the end with Petty's 7 steps to Godly Decisions. They're listed here:
- Should I get a divorce?
- Should I get married?
- Should I bail my son out of jail?
- Should I have kids?
- Should I move back home?
- Should I move to a retirement home?
- Should I retire?
- Should I find a new job?
- Should I buy a house?
- Consecration: Recognizing ALL aspects of life belong to God.
- Information: Gathering facts that impact our decision
- Supplication: Praying specifically about what to do.
- Consultation: Seeking Godly wisdom.
- Meditation: Seeking quiet time to weigh options.
- Decision: Making the decision!
- Expectation: Honestly looking at pros and cons of the decision we've made.
This Sunday at EPC, we'll be starting a new sermon series called The Road Ahead: Finding God's Will. It will be a great follow-up to God's GPS: Gifts, Passions, and Struggles (listen here).
Based on these 7 Steps, we'll look at what the guidance the Bible gives for making decisions-- from the everyday to the life-changing. See you Sunday!