Spring Break at Myrtle Beach
We had a great trip to Myrtle Beach last week thanks to some of our family members who provided accommodations for all the Howards. Here are some highlights:
- The folks at Bicycle World got our Fujis in shape after 3 years in storage. But I had no idea a "tune-up" was so extensive or expensive! It was worth it, though.
- We explored the Rail Trails system in Florence on 2 separate days. It was fun to ride from Ebenezer park to Magnolia Mall for lunch.
- Security at the yet to open Freestyle Music Park don't like you riding in their parking lot.
- The bikes provided us access to the old draw bridge that crosses the Intracoastal Waterway.
- 2 F-16s flew right over us while we were out riding. I thought it was cool, but the noise was a little much for Harrison.
- Building a Corvette with Lil' Man at RideMakerz (it beats Build a Bear!)
- Myrtle Beach State Park!
- Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede. I've made fun of this over the years, but Laura got us tickets and I enjoyed it a lot. The food was very good, and the horses and riders were excellent.
- We took Harrison to the NASCAR 3D Imax movie-- he made it about 30 seconds. Loudness really gets to him.