Christmas Week 2008

No, that's not my classic Willys in the picture, just some lucky guy in Alaska.

Today is December 23rd, so I'm finishing up this week's sermon, meeting with a church member this afternoon, and tying up a few loose ends before Christmas.  

This past Sunday was a blessing for me.  We celebrated baptism on Sunday morning and had a beautiful candlelight communion on Sunday night.  We debated about having a Christmas Eve service vs. a 12/21 eve service.  I'm glad we did the latter since (for me, at least) it provided the right frame of mind for the remainder of the week.  

In spite of some hectic time on I-77 and I-26 this past week(end) and at least 6 trips to Wal-Mart, our family is at peace. We're glad to be with one another, and we celebrate the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  It was an event and it will be an event.  He came once and He is coming again.

The remainder of the week should include replacing a shower head, quality time with my guitar, Harrison's new toys, a gingerbread house, and visits with family. Above all, though, it will include a thankful spirit for what God is doing in the lives of the Howards.  

Thank you, Lord, for what you've done and what you still do today.

Popular Posts