Col. Jack Ziegler/ Men of the Church
Tuesday night was a fantastic Men of the Church meeting. It worked on a lot of levels since it provided:
- A guest speaker (Col. Jack Ziegler) who could uniquely relate to the questions on men's minds.
- A gathering that would appeal to all men, not just those who were comfortable in church.
- The opportunity to help out and serve. It wasn't planned "top-down." It was a grass roots effort with a long time friend of Effingham Church, so many were involved.
- 3 smoked hams from Jim Griffith and a visit from Marion Swink's vintage Army Jeep!
- Older men are often encouraged to leave the workplace, so young men no longer have their influence and wisdom available.
- Multigenerational households (Uncles, Grandfathers, etc.) are a rarity.
- Our culture devalues the influence of older people.