Where do the candidates go to church?


After the announcement of Governor Palin as the Vice Presidential nominee for the McCain ticket, her church's website crashed.  It turned out that traffic to the site was overwhelming for the Wasilla-based church.  That got me thinking about the other candidates and the churches they're associated with.  

Politicians often have schedules that prevent them from having a regular "home" church, but Obama, Biden, McCain, and Palin all have been connected to the following churches at one time or another: 


As the election approaches, I hope we'll have the opportunity to discuss key issues that we face as Christians and as Americans.  You won't hear me endorse one candidate over the other.  I joke that I'm a pastor to both Democrats and Republicans, and it is very true.  Some will vote because of moral issues, others because of social issues.   It is often difficult to find a candidate who shares the exact same beliefs as I do, so my vote becomes a matter of conscience instead of an easy choice.  I'm reminded of 1 Corinthians 8:9
"Be careful, however, that the exercise of your freedom does not become a stumbling block to the weak.
In the coming months, I hope you and your family will consider the candidates carefully and prayerfully.  It is our task to make a decision as both an informed Christian and a responsible American.

Popular Posts