Wedding in Chapel Hill
We had a good trip to Chapel Hill on Friday and Saturday. After a lunch with Effingham's Sweet Agers at Quincy's, we hit the road. It worked out well since "the Big Q in the sky" is right off of I-95. Wait, you do remember that vintage jingle, right? I have a large library of TV commercial theme songs in my head that appear at the most inopportune times, and Quincy's is one. Highlights of the trip included:
- Passing by 4 great roadside attractions: the Thunderbird Motor Inn Sign, South of the Border, Harbor Freight Tools factory outlet, and the Pentecostal Free Will Baptist Resource Center (okay that may not be a roadside attraction, but it's interesting for a pastor).
- Hearing Rev. John Kimmons preside over the ceremony. Even when he's talking about what he ate for lunch, he's inspiring and encouraging.
- Singing at University Baptist Church in Chapel Hill-- a unique sanctuary with great acoustics.
- Playing Disc Golf for the first time. It was a lot of fun, and more churches should install such facilities at their grounds.
- Seeing my buddy Barron marry a wonderful companion. He and Karen will make a great team for the Kingdom.